Lesson 11: Fix or Flex
Based on AXELOS PRINCE2 Agile® material. Reproduced under licence from AXELOS. All rights reserved.
- Is the whole project timeboxed in PRINCE2 Agile?
- How much flexibility do we expect for the whole project?
- Should we fix quality?
- Is it OK to have a fixed-price, fixed-scope contract in PRINCE2 Agile?
- How can we have a flexible scope in PRINCE2 Agile, when the price is fixed?
- The scope of the project is completely flexible in PRINCE2 Agile. (true/false)
- What about risks? Should they be fixed or “flexed”?
- The developers have selected 25 user stories for the Sprint. What happens if they forecast, in the middle of the Sprint, that they cannot deliver more than 12 user stories?
- What are tolerances in PRINCE2? How are they used? What are they used for?
- How does PRINCE2 Agile considers tolerances? What are they used for?
- Yes, PRINCE2 Agile uses the same approach as DSDM, in which time and cost are fixed for the whole project.
- Nothing. It’s fixed.
- Well, some parts of it are fixed (the must-have quality criteria), and some parts are not (should-have and could-have criteria). However, PRINCE2 Agile usually says that quality is fixed, when doesn’t go into details. To put it simply, we never compromise quality in Agile.
- Fixed-price is OK, but the scope is not fixed.
- Good question. Let’s talk about it in the “contract” lesson.
- No. The scope is prioritized using MoSCoW. The must-have items in the scope are fixed, and the rest is flexible. However, PRINCE2 Agile says that the scope is flexible when it doesn’t want to go into details.
- It’s up to you to decide, based on your project.
- Nothing. They proceed, and deliver as much as they can.
- PRINCE2 tolerances are used in the Manage by Exception concept to define who should decide on any issue/deviation.
- When PRINCE2 Agile says something is fixed, it expects it to have a zero tolerance, and vice versa. Not compatible with PRINCE2.
Here you can submit your questions related to the content of the course. (For other questions, use the support system). The trainer's reply will be email to you in 48 hours.
This lesson is part of the first 30% of the course, which is available for free, even without registration.
You can purchase the course to access all lessons, additional material, and coaching:
More info and purchase options