Lesson 08: Behaviors, Concepts, and Techniques
Based on AXELOS PRINCE2 Agile® material. Reproduced under licence from AXELOS. All rights reserved.
PRINCE2® 6th edition update:
1. "Benefits Review Plan" is now called "Benefits Management Approach"
2. all "_____ Management Strategy"'s are now called "_____ Management Approach".
Bookmark Table 2.2, Page 13, and refer to that when you want to answer questions about this topic.
- Wikipedia record on XP - Agile practices are an important part of XP.
- Guide to Agile Practices (website)
- What are the two forms of collaboration needed in Agile?
- Agile is for business as usual, while PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Agile are for projects.
- Is it possible to use Agile for every project?
- What’s the “concept” that helps to make the scope flexible?
- What’s Kaizen?
- Why is it a good idea to limit work-in-progress?
- Is it mandatory to use user stories in Agile? What about PRINCE2 Agile?
- What’s timeboxing? What’s its advantage? Is it mandatory to timebox iterations? Is it mandatory to timebox the whole project?
- Agile projects must have a flexible scope.
- How has PRINCE2 Agile made it possible to be used in projects other than IT development?
- Collaboration among team members, and collaboration between customer and supplier.
- Agile is mainly for projects, but it’s possible to use it for business as usual. PRINCE2 Agile believes that Agile is mainly for business as usual. PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Agile are only for projects.
- PRINCE2 Agile claims that it’s not limited to IT development, and you can use it in other types of projects as well. It doesn’t claim, directly, that you can use it in every project, but it’s been included in some of the surrounding material. Some people believe that it’s possible to use it in every project, and some people like me, believe that it’s only usable in some projects.
- Continuous improvement.
- More return on investment by having less waste.
- It’s highly recommended, but not mandatory.
- Having a maximum duration for doing something, and never extending that duration. Helps us focus on value. Yes, iterations should be timeboxed. About the project as the whole: let’s wait for the future lessons :)
- Of course!
- By not using “software” and other words that refer to IT development ;)
Here you can submit your questions related to the content of the course. (For other questions, use the support system). The trainer's reply will be email to you in 48 hours.
This lesson is part of the first 30% of the course, which is available for free, even without registration.
You can purchase the course to access all lessons, additional material, and coaching:
More info and purchase options