Lesson 16: Processes
The ITIL 3 Foundation exam will NOT be available after mid 2021.
Processes are at the heart of actually doing service management. What does every process need to have?
Based on AXELOS ITIL® material. Reproduced under licence from AXELOS. All rights reserved.
We’ve described the nature of a process for ITSM, what roles do you see as necessary to make it happen?
- What are the characteristics that every process must have
- List the roles ITIL describes as necessary for every process
- Why is it important to see the distinction between the process owner and process practitioner roles?
- Measurable, delivers specific results … to a customer or other stakeholders, has a specific trigger … and inputs of course.
- Process owner, process manager, process practitioner
- Because of the (potential) conflict of interest, whereby a process manager might want a process that is easy to use, while the process owner must focus on creating and maintaining a process that delivers the required business results.
Here you can submit your questions related to the content of the course. (For other questions, use the support system). The trainer's reply will be email to you in 48 hours.
This lesson is part of the first 30% of the course, which is available for free, even without registration.
You can purchase the course to access all lessons, additional material, and coaching:
More info and purchase options