Lesson 07: Service
The ITIL 3 Foundation exam will NOT be available after mid 2021.
Service is an everyday word, but what does it really mean to ITSM people?
Based on AXELOS ITIL® material. Reproduced under licence from AXELOS. All rights reserved.
Now we see what the service in service management means, do you know who all your stakeholders are?
- What does a service deliver?
- What is the difference between internal and external services?
- What three types of service does ITIL describe?
- Value – and it does that to the customer, without that customer owning the costs and risks associated with delivering it
- Internal services are delivered to customers within the same overall organisation as the service provider. External services are delivered to customers in a separate entity.
- Core services – those that deliver value directly to the customer, such as a finance system. Enabling services – that deliver value and mechanisms that allow the service provider to deliver customer value, but that is not directly visible to the customer – such as the network. Enhancing services – ‘nice to have’, extras that the customers might like but not essential to the delivery of the core value, like graphic extras, mobility add-ons, etc.
Here you can submit your questions related to the content of the course. (For other questions, use the support system). The trainer's reply will be email to you in 48 hours.
This lesson is part of the first 30% of the course, which is available for free, even without registration.
You can purchase the course to access all lessons, additional material, and coaching:
More info and purchase options